Subject: Re: [Leica] Strange, disturbing occurence....
From: miss deuteronomy <bwdaly@bigfatpipe.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 21:17:44 -0600

> To which he replied, menacingly, "This is a private
> building, you can't take pictures of it."  To which I
> replied, incredulously, "What?"

as far as i understand, you can take a picture of whatever the hell you
want if you're in a public place.  if you're *on* private property, then
the owner can restrict your behavior, but if you're on a public street,
you can shoot at will.  you should have taken pics of the rent-a-goons.

- --
brad daly
bwdaly@bigfatpipe.net
http://www.bigfatpipe.net/~bwdaly
http://www.photo.net/photodb/user?user_id=190241

"War, what is it good for?  It's good for business."
	--Billy Bragg

"I helped in the rape of a dozen Central American republics for the
benefit of Wall Street."
	--General Smedley Butler, USMC (ret.), 1931