Subject: Re: [Leica] Who'd be a PJ in these troubled times?(OT)
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 00:26:42 -0800

I think I had something published in Stars and Stripes, early 70's. I
can't remember if it was a photo, or a mention of winning some kind of
award for the US Army, Europe, photo contest. I do remember that they
said something to the effect that the recipients picked were far below
the quality of previous years. Had us rolling on the ground, seeing as
how we was non lifers and all that.
That photo display at Manual Arts, by the way, is right there in the
main hallway between the classrooms. I was there covering a
misappropriation of school funds, when I tripped on those gems. I make
it a point to seek out non mainstream presentations of personal work,
but then who am I to talk.
Good blue collar neighborhood, that central LA place.
Best,
  Slobodan Dimitrov