Subject: Re: RE: [Leica] Who'd be a PJ in these troubled times?
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 20:57:56 -0800

B.D. WROTE:

> >Morgan was NOT taking those photos as a PJ - he was taking those photos
> >as a paid publicist for Greenpeace.<<<<

Hi B.D.
It appears in this case he's no more than a paid "commercial photographer"
on assignment for Green Peace. Regardless of whether he's a highly respected
and talented photojournalist or not.

In this case he has all the appearance of a guy hired to take pictures to be
used by Green Peace to promote one of their demonstrations.  So big deal,
the guy gets hired, he gets arrested as he's in cahoots with them and then
makes a big deal out of "freedom of the press" etc etc etc making the FBI
look like the bad guys.

And if I were the judge in this case I'd throw the whole thing out, as it's
such a mickey mouse trivial thing that the money spent on the whole deal
would be better spent for children to have better learning and understanding
of what will make the world a better place for all.
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant