Subject: [Leica] on your belly..... not always smart....
From: "Duane Birkey" <duanebirkey@andinanet.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 19:58:26 -0500

Before you lay on your belly to take photographs..... It would be wise to
know what is in near proximity on the ground...  Mud isn't so bad... Snakes
and scorpions are always a possibility.... but ants and other biting insects
are the real pests especially once they are inside your shirt....  In South
America, Conga ants will leave a bite you will feel for a couple days and
remember for the rest of your life....

Then again... I've spent the last week in the hospital on my back
recuperating from a staph infection I got from celulitus..... not from
shooting pictures but spending about 40 plus hours over 4 days in a chair in
front of a monitor doing scans, PS work and burning CD's to meet a couple
deadlines....  That will teach me...

Duane

HCJB World Radio
Quito Ecuador