Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M3
From: RHaigh5748@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 16:24:52 EST

Elliot,
I have the M4  and the M6. The older camera seems to me to be more solidly
made and shutter release much smoother. The nice thing about a meterless
camera is it forces you to take up and NOTICE exposure. You can take several
different readings with a handheld meter and  gain considerable improvement
in having precisely exposed pictures or creative exposures. Its easy to
completely ignore exposure concerns when you are simply matching arrows. Once
you master exposure, it makes no difference which M you use. Thus, there
becomes no advantage to using the M6 and you get, with an M3, that great
viewfinder with no clutter at all.
Bob