Subject: Re: [Leica] Parallex...?
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 07:14:56 -0500

C'mon guys, rangefinders are different.  The trick is to know what your lens
is going to do.  That means you know what each lens does for near/far as
well as its coverage.  For most of us that means that we use/have used one
focal length so much its like breathing.  I use a 21 SA all the time on an
M3 without a finder if I know I'll be shooting in crowded conditions.  Just
stick the lens where I want it and shoot away.  Regarding previous
discussions about getting on your knees it means that sometimes you don't
have to, just get the camera down where you want it.

However, this technique isn't for archetectural work as horizons aren't
always going to be straight.

Don Dory
dorysrus@mindspring.com