Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Reviews on NEW Winder for M6...& Rapidwinder...
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 15:01:11 -0800

Andrew Nemeth wrote:
>>The RW gets used on the M6 for candid work, mainly because none of my
potential
photo subjects can equate the trigger action with winding film.<<<<<

Hi Andrew:
Very interesting, as recently I was shooting a few and a chap came up to me
and asked if my hand action was winding up a motor drive of some kind? I
just said, "yep something like that."  But he still didn't equate my hand
actions were due to taking a picture, but winding the motordrive spring
mechanism.

So sometimes one can be quite obvious as though taking pictures and yet not
be concerned the subject is aware and even "if they think you did" the fact
you didn't move your hands in the normal fashion, advancing the film by
flicking the advance lever in away the subject would be familiar.

This is a good point to remember if one is challenged as we could just pass
it off as, "Oh no I was just testing the spring in the rapidwinder ready for
a shot if one happens." ;-)

ted ;-)

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant