Subject: Re: [Leica] Angenieux 70-210 for Leica R: experience or opinions?
From: Montello62@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 11:25:38 EST

Marc,
I have one and cannot complain about it's performance. When I compared side to side with the Vario Elmar 75-200mm f4.5, it seemed slightly less contrasty. However, it is a stop faster, so I kept the Angenieux. As far as the plastic is concerned, mine has a cracked focus collar. It would seem that these are not made as ruggedly as they could be. I read once that there are metal versions released at one time? I'm not sure.

Mike