Subject: Re: [Leica] Scanned images for FOM2
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 12:15:21 -0500

At 01:59 PM 12/16/01 +1100, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>Alastair has called for final selection images to be sent both in hardcopy
>and digital. Tina has suggested jpegs
>around the 25Meg size. My question: If these images are destined to be
>printed, would they not be better as say
>tiffs? I always assumed jpegs have a definite loss of image detail wity
>respect to printing.
>Informed comments/advice would be great before we all set out in the wrong
>direction.
>TIA,
>JohnA

John -

Tiffs would definitely be better if you are burning them on a CD to
mail.  For those who are sending them electronically, a jpeg would be a
smaller file size and not clog up your lines as long.

The problem with jpegs is that they lose information every time they are
resaved.  If you just open them, use them and close them without resaving
them every time, there will be no loss of information.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com
images available from http://www.pdiphotos.com