Subject: RE: [Leica] [OT] Billingham Bags...
From: leica@davidmorton.org
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 17:05:48 -0000

John Straus wrote:

"To me they look nice but not that "fancy", fance to me would be all
leather like a Contax G bag or the Leica one. I wonder if it's just
noticeable to other photographers as the "Bag of the Elite" ;)"

They're not seen that way over here at all. I've only ever heard phrases
like "Billingham Brigade" used pejoratively by 'merkins.

"I don't relate them to a camera bag when I see them unlike my olive
balistic
nylon Tamrac. If you really want a "That guys got cameras" bag I have two
Lowe-Pros from the 80's, padded rectangular boxes that you carry around,
now that a giveaway!"

Most non-photographers seem to think they contain fishing tackle! I have no
idea why they would assume that, but I've been asked the question several
times.

- --
David Morton
dmorton@journalist.co.uk

"The more opinions you have, the less you see." -- Wim Wenders.