Subject: Re: [Leica] New RF Buyer...
From: John Straus <Mail@SlideOne.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 21:53:36 -0600

on 12/14/01 6:55 PM, Jeffery Smith at jsmith45@bellsouth.net wrote:

> Ahah, you're the fellow we tormented a week ago on another list by telling
> you to buy stuff that WE like instead of what YOU want! I guess we get
> dogmatic on these lists!

Haha, spotted! Someone hide me from these outside influences!! I will say if
I was only going to get one lens for the RF to start with a 35mm would be my
choice but I hope to get 2 lenses in a short period of time one being a CV
28mm. So a 35mm is too close, I'd rather have a 50mm, most likely a
Summicron. Now I've let the cat out of the bag and told you my specific lens
choices. If I had a choice of 3 I'd be 28, 35, & 75 but that another thread
;)

> I have read in another response to one of my posts that Leica is not putting
> plastic elements in its lenses. Amazingly enough, high quality microscope
> objectives are now being made of plastic, so we'll see how long it takes
> them to sneak into Leica's optics.

I found it odd to read that about Leica. I can see other manufacturers doing
something like that but not the big "L".
- --
John
Chicago, IL
http://SlideOne.com