Subject: Re: [Leica] How many versions of LHSA cameras were there?
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 21:38:10 EST

In a message dated 12/14/01 4:16:45 PM Pacific Standard Time,
JRFjr@compuserve.com writes:

<< Tom does some the shine wear off the black paint???  I'd love to get
 one but they seem pretty flashy.
 Thnx
 John >>
John, the black paint M6TTL's are a bit shiny, but they do brass nicely once
you start using them. The paint does not "dull" as such, but it is less
noticeable after a while. I like the black paint cameras for purely tactile
reasons. They have a bit of a "warmer" feel than the chrome or black chrome
ones
(Tuulikki, my wife, claims that I should get a life rather than comparing
tactile sensory experiences with different finishes on cameras!). There is a
persistent rumour that there will be a small series of LHSA Cameras with 0,58
finders in them. That's the one to grab as that finder is the best Leica ever
made, at least if you are going to use the 35mm lenses.
All the best,
Tom A

Replies: Reply from "John R. Fulton Jr." <JRFjr@compuserve.com> (Re: [Leica] How many versions of LHSA cameras were there?)