Subject: [Leica] RE: Briefcase (Point and Shoot)
From: Andrew Nemeth <azn@nemeng.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 05:33:40 +1100

Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> wrote:

>I think Mark could eliminate his anxiety attacks by using the camera with no
>thought at all about what it cost, or he'll go around like a sweet little
>old lady of 105 worrying about why she didn't die at 85!

[snip]

>Now go out, forget the damn cost and take pictures with nary a care in the
>world and your photos will be wonderful. :-)

I'll chip in on Mark Pope's side here.  Something the
"bang-it-around-it's-just-a-camera" crowd forget is
just how expensive Leicas are outside North America.

Think double what you paid.  At these prices you have
to be pretty careful!

(Eg. In Australia a new M body costs $AUD 3800, a Summicron
M lens @ $AUD 2500 - that's a lot of money when the average
wage here is @ $AUD 800 per week.)

Regds,

Andrew Nemeth