Subject: [Leica] Re: Light Meter Recommendations
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 10:01:15 -0800

At 10:33 PM 12/13/2001 -0800, Mark Rabiner wrote:

>Luna-Pro digital F  $249.99 Light Meter Gossen
>SBC Silicon Photodiode Ambient compact lightweight low light reading ev
>-2.5 to +18 at iso 100 angle of coverage is 25 degress reflected and 180
>incident  Ambient and Flashcompact lightweight low light reading
>8.5 onces with battery
>
>Mark Rabiner

I 100% agree with Mark on this.

If you don't need flash, save some money and get the non-F version.

Two other things I like about this meter is it's ability to read a filter
and store the filter correction thus automatically correcting each reading
when using that filter. And the meter is also instant on. While the meter
is off, you can point it however you are going to take a reading and push
the "read" button. It comes on, takes a reading, and displays it
instantaneously. None of this internal test, LCD test, all systems test
stuff that takes seconds (Sekonics are famous for this.) The Gossen is just
on and running instantly.

And it slips in your pocket very easily.

Jim

Replies: Reply from "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com> ([Leica] Re: Light Meter Recommendations)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Light Meter Recommendations)