Subject: Re: [Leica] Point and Shoot
From: Feliciano di Giorgio <feli@d2.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 14:57:47 -0800

"B. D. Colen" wrote:

> But Feli, it's YOUR camera. Carry a camera that works for you, not for
> every passerby in the street.:-) (BTW - I know exactly what you mean -
> if someone isn't use to rangefinder cameras, it's hopeless...;-) )
>
> B. D.

Yup, I've been decapitated, cut in half, turned to a smear or streak.
They've done it all. Does this sound familiar to anyone?:

                                GIRLFRIEND
        "So, the inside box is the one I should look at?"

                                YOU
        "No, the outside one. You got a 35 on there!"

                                GIRLFRIEND
        "What ouside one?"

                                YOU
        "The one at the edge of the frame!!"

                                GIRLFRIEND
        "Oh, THAT one. Well, that's stupid. You can barely see it!"

                                YOU
        "Is the double image in the center box lined up?"

                                GIRLFRIEND
        "Yes."

                                YOU
        "Are you sure?"

                                GIRLFRIEND
        "YES!"

                                YOU
        "What about the red dot? Do you see the red dot?"

                                GIRLFRIEND
        "The one in front?"

                                YOU
        "How does it look?"

                                GIRLFRIEND
        "It says Leica."

                                YOU
        "NO!!! Not that one, the one in the viewfinder!!!"

                                GIRLFRIEND
        "Oh...no, I don't see one."

                                YOU
        "I set the exposure, you should see one"

                                GIRLFRIEND
        "Well I DON'T!"

                                YOU
        "Tap the trigger!"

                                GIRLFRIEND
        "What?"

                                YOU
        "Just tap it. The light will come on."

        <CLICK!>

        "Arghhh!!! No! Now rewind it. Crank the lever!"

                                GIRLFRIEND
        "This is stupid! Ok, I cranked it."

                                YOU
        "Tap it LIGHTLY, do you see the dot?"

                                GIRLFRIEND
        "Yes."

                                YOU
        "Is it red?"

                                GIRLFRIEND
        "Grrrrr...."

                                YOU
        "Does the double image line up?"

                                GIRLFRIEND
        "YES!!!"

                                YOU
        "Alright. How this? (grin)"

        <click!>

                                GIRLFRIEND
        "I can't believe you paid $2000 for this piece of junk."

feli

Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com> (Re: [Leica] Point and Shoot)
Message from Feliciano di Giorgio <feli@d2.com> (Re: [Leica] Point and Shoot)
Message from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Point and Shoot)