Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Prague (was: New Photographs - party season)
From: "Sam Krneta" <skrneta@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 07:41:58 -0600

That is exactly what I meant. Unfortunately most of Europe is touristy
to some extent. I go off season. In Prague there are still great deals
for food and lodging. You just have to get off the main tourist areas.
For lodging apartments are the best deal going. Most can be booked over
the net.

Sam Krneta

I think he meant that you needed a lot of film because the city is very
photogenic. I was there last in the summer of 99, and there was no
shortage of
film, including slide and B&W. Prague is in every respect like any other
major
European city, which unfortunately also means that the days of cheap
eating and
drinking that were a feature of Eastern Europe right after the fall of
communism
are now gone, and all prices are at or above Western European levels.

One thing I did not like about Prague was that it was extremely
touristy, with
souvenir vendors every five meters in the old city. But you are going in
February as far as I recall, which should make it better in this
respect.

Nathan