Subject: [Leica] Re: Point and Shoot
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 05:18:59 -0600

John:

>Nobody ever mentions this P&S but I like it. I got one for my Dad which my
>daughter has now inherited; a Nikon 35 Ti.

I like that, as well.

I haven't used it much since I bought my Leica, but I have occasionally.

That use is going to be dramatically diminished now that I got a 4000 dpi
scanner.  Even though it's pretty accurate with focusing, it just can't do
the critical focusing that I can acheive with my M6.  At least not for
portraits.  I can get the eyelashes sharp with my M6.  I get fuzzy eyelashes
with my 35Ti.  Never noticed this in 4x6 prints.  Never had any big
enlargements made from my 35Ti previously.

Eric

Message from John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com> (Re: [Leica] Point and Shoot)