Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux-ASPH?
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 17:35:31 EST

I was away in august, didn't see the inquiry. My strong guess is that it's
very unlikely. Although many LUGgers love this lens, its market is quite
small relatively speaking. The costs to design and tool for a new lens are
considerable. Even in flush financial times - and Leica AG ain't in them -
the improvement in what is now a superb lens would probably not be worth the
investment, given that limited market.

Seth         LaK 9