Subject: [Leica] WAS:HCB and "Faceless" NOW: DDD & war.
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 16:33:12 -0800

Walter S Delesandri wrote:
>>> That's odd.....this was, at a time, my favorite "PJ" book.  It was one
of the
> books that made me want to pursue photography!<<<

Hi Walt,

Exactly my reaction to DDD's Korea book "This Is War" He captured the
feelings and faces so dramatically that I feel some of his work is the best
available. He was a role model for me at the time and I just wanted to be
like him, a world traveling photojournalist.

I don't think you can compare the pictures of today's war photogs to his
because, today they don't have the same kind of access, nor the same kind of
war. Yep it's still war, but not the same kind.
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant