Subject: [Leica] Need Help With Leica Repair
From: "Robert Rose" <rjr@usip.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 14:54:11 -0800

I need the collective wisdom of the LUG to help me with my battle with Leica Repair in NJ.

The problem is with my M6 classic and flash synchronization.  Intermittently, the flash does not synchronize with the shutter.  Two pictures in a row; one will be okay and the next one not okay.

There is one odd correlation:  the incorrect flash synch always happens if, while winding the shutter, the flash goes off.  This can be very annoying, but it also means that I am never sure whether a picture will come out using flash.

The M6 has been to Leica service 3 times.  I have even sent them negatives showing side by side frames, one good one bad.  Their response now is that the camera is okay, "tell the customer to use 1/50 second."  They must think I am an idiot.

I even searched the archives and found other problems using flash, where the flash fired while the shutter was advanced.

I am thinking that there must be some contact point on the shutter that is tripping the flash early, and hitting the flash contact on the shutter wind.

Any idea why this is happening so that I can tell the Leica people what to do will be appreciated.

Robert Rose

Replies: Reply from "John R. Fulton Jr." <JRFjr@compuserve.com> (Re: [Leica] Need Help With Leica Repair)