Subject: Re: [Leica] NOCTILUX-M f/1/50 mm
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 21:44:33 -0800

Guy Bennett wrote:

> >> Hello Brian:
> >>
> >> Did you get a Noctilux?
> >
> >Not yet. I will.
>
> You won't regret it. It is really a fine lens. That said, it does have a
> major drawback: once you mount the lens on an M body, it's very difficult
> to remove it.
>
> Guy

Dusk comes early this time of year. I went out with my Noctilux having
given it a rest for a few weeks. Had shot a bunch with the Summicron 50
and Elmarit 90! (My walking lenses as i do have the 90 apo Summicron.)

But it was great to get the Noctilux going again the weight was easily
bearable i walked a few miles. Got night shots with Neopan 1600. Shop
windows and branches against the sky.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com