Subject: [Leica] Re: OT:Tetenal COLORTEC C-41 and tank processing
From: Herbert & Lee Kanner <kanner@acm.org>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 14:56:14 -0800

I agree with Jim.  The five minute preheat of the tank should be dry
(internally). I have been using 100 F chemicals with the tank in a
water bath at 104 F on the basis that if I'm standing there inverting
a tank manually, I'd like to keep the times reasonably short.

I had been using the Tetenal C41 Monopack, which has just been
discontinued.  The instructions called for tank inversion every three
seconds.  I questioned Ken Owens of JOBO about this, and he didn't
think it was significant; thought that it was just picked to simulate
the behavior of rotary processors.

The 5 liter kit has instructions that call for this three second
agitation.  However, the last time I looked (at Keeble and Shuchat),
there was a new 2.5 liter kit.  The chemical content was identical to
that of the 5 liter kit, just half the size.  But the instructions
called for a different agitation time; I don't remember exactly but
it was something like two or three seconds once every fifteen.  So,
clearly, the agitation isn't critical so long as it is sufficient.
- --
Herbert Kanner
kanner@acm.org
650-326-8204