Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica R lenses
From: "Jay Coleman" <jaycoleman@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 13:05:50 -0800

Jim:

Only a few lenses are not "made" by Leica:  the 28-70, made and designed by
Sigma, the 35-70/4 and 80-200/4 made by Kyocera (or Panasonic, I'm not sure)
but designed by Leica, and the 28 PC and new 15/2.8 designed by and I
believe made by Schneider, which is not a bad thing.  The 24/2.8 is based on
a Minolta design and Minolta may manufacture lens element but it is made by
Leica.  The remaining lenses in the line-up are both designed and made by
Leica.

Corrections welcome.

Jay Coleman