Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:
From: Mark Kronquist <mak@teleport.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 16:03:55 -0800

On 12/7/01 3:38 PM, "Feliciano di Giorgio" <feli@d2.com> wrote:

> Pablo Kolodny wrote:
>

>> By the way, what would you say on parallax correction in the close-up range?
>> regards
>> Pablo
>

> Seems to work pretty well. I have M6TT/.85 and shot a roll film in
> closeup
> mode last weekend. The framing of the shots looks pretty much how I
> wanted
> them to be. It really is a pretty amazing piece of gear. I wonder if
> manufacturing
> costs is the reason why Leica no longer makes stuff like this.

That and perhaps the fact that SLR cameras are much easier for Macro CU
work...and much more available than they were in 1956...

Most classic Leica accessories were designed to make RF cameras suitable for
photographic applications that were not really the forte of RF cameras....

Macro Telephoto etc...

(before I am buried in flames I have a Viso and Bellows and use them often
but my 60 Macro R Elmar is uh somewhat more convenient than my Viso Bellows
and an M)  mark