Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: I commend to your attention
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 16:56:47 -0500

And Walt wrote:

>Hi, Simon....and congratulations for avoiding the place!....

Dear martin and Walt:

Yup, in hindsight I'm very happy that I didn't take the art/photography
degree, even though it delayed me going to college by ten years.

The irony is that the rejection propelled me into the Army, where I
served seven years as an enlisted man. I suspect that experience is a
lot closer to the proletarian ideal than was ever experienced by the
pampered, tenured and thoughly middle class academics who were so quick
to dismiss me.

Simon