Subject: Re: [Leica] I commend to your attention
From: Feliciano di Giorgio <feli@d2.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 22:53:29 -0800

I agree with you. I hadn't read NG for a good 10 years, until a few
months
ago when I renewed my subscription. Frankly I was disapointed with with
lot of the photography. A while back I had access to a large amount of
issues
that dated all the way back to the 30's, so I have a fairly broad
selection to
compare the current work to. I've never been a big fan of the purple or
green
skys, shot with a super wide angle lens and colors so saturated that
everything
looks like an acid trip. It reminds me of bad stock photography. Lot's
of it feels
like like has a slight case of MTV. You know, hip, cutting edge, edgy.
Of course
there is still a lot of really great work in it. And then there are the
articles...
but that's a whole different rant...

feli