Subject: Re: [Leica] Old Lucky Duck (Bird) Shot....
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 16:50:22 EST

In a message dated 12/6/01 12:13:17 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jbcollier@powersurfr.com writes:

> Are ducks some kind of aphrodisiac, good luck charm or portend of good
>  weather? I do not understand why having a large distraction, even if it has
>  feathers, in the photo improves it. Ducks have done me no harm, nor do I
>  dislike them but....

John, ducks have friends, ducks have enemies; occasionally they are united in
the same person. There is an organization of outdoor sportspersons called
Ducks Unlimited. I think they are hunters who simply want to perpetuate the
species for their amusement (and lest anyone jump on me, I am not a hunter
and am neutral on that issue).

And while I harbor no animosity toward ducks in the abstract, contrary to
your experience - no harm - I was once unfortunate to find myself not
directly under but within the trajectory arc of a small portion of a
duck-launched projectile. It did me no permanent physical damage or harm but
there is a certain residuary psychic pain that recurs when I think about it.

Seth            LaK 9