Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: I commend to your attention
From: "Brian McCarthy" <straightline@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 15:05:13 -0000

> Jim Brick tells us what he thinks:
>
> > Well... my opinion is that these photographs are every bit as
> good as 95%
> > of the PAW prints that are deluged on us weekly.
>
> > Every time I look at the
> > PAW's, the "my web site is finally up", the "please look &
> comment", etc...
> > I have to bite my tongue.
> >

> I wonder if I should stop taking pictures, based on the above comment.
>
> sl

Steve

Yes, it does make you think doesn't it!? But then, some of the people who
make this kind of remark don't seem to be sharing their photos on the same
basis. The PAW project is not about being a genius and producing 'yet
another masterpiece' every week - it's about trying and doing your best at
that time (well it is to me anyway). We do our best with what the week
offers us and present it - sometimes we are pleased with what we present,
but others opinions may differ. Sometimes we feel that we are putting up
something that maybe is not so good, and opinions will still differ. The
point is that hopefully , we will learn something one way or the other from
the criticism invoked.

I gave up announcing my PAW's on the LUG a long time ago, as I felt that it
was a waste of time, but I have maintained the project and there are still
many people around the world who give me their opinions - I find them most
useful and I have found the PAW thing a very worthwhile pursuit.

Keep on PAWing!

brian

Brian McCarthy
brian@imagespace.co.uk