Subject: [Leica] OT: advice re: selling--i'm a bad businessman
From: miss deuteronomy <bwdaly@bigfatpipe.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 01:40:39 -0600

okay, i'm going to ask another off-topic question about selling
equipment:

the EOS 3 i'm planning on selling has been well taken care of, but it's
missing three minor pieces: the eyecup (which i lost horseback riding),
the little plug that covers the remote socket (which i lost at the
atlanta zoo), and the little plug that covers the PC socket.  these are
very minor things, and can be blamed largely on poor canon design.

here's what i'm wondering: is it worth it to me to replace them before i
try to sell it?  quite honestly, i'd simply like to unload it and be
done with it.  i will, of course, be very up-front with any potential
buyers about the fact that these parts are missing and that they have
absolutely no effect whatsoever on the function of the camera.  but if
it'll really cost me money to have the parts missing, i'll replace them,
i guess.

i ask this question of the luggites simply because y'all always have
such good, commonsense, strong opinions.

best,
brad daly

- --
brad daly
bwdaly@bigfatpipe.net
http://www.bigfatpipe.net/~bwdaly

"War, what is it good for?  It's good for business."
	--Billy Bragg

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] OT: advice re: selling--i'm a bad businessman)