Subject: Re: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 48 - what a real bookshop looks like
From: Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 18:11:55 +0100

>Last Friday I was in Brussels and as is my habit when I go there, I
>visited a wonderful second-hand bookshop, a one-man operation with a
>good selection of photography books (Libraire Hankard on Rue de la Paix
>for the BELUGgers). I was on my way to a landscape workshop with Charlie
>Waite on the Belgian coast, and by a stroke of luck this shop had a book
>of Waite's France landscapes, which I snapped up of course. The shop
>also provided my two shots for last week, both with the M3 and 24mm lens
>on Delta 3200 (it is dark in there!):
>
>The main picture--I chose this one because it shows the overall
>environment best:
>
>http://www.wajsman.com/48.jpg

Nathan, what I liked about this picture is that the guy put 'photo'
in front of 'music', and, more importantly, 'gastronomie' above
'economie'. A true citizen of Brussels. Did you have good food at the
workshop? Mussels? Sole? Oysters? Or all of them? Or one of our other
favorites like calf's brain or kidneys in mustard sauce? (I am dead
serious - as Gerry W. can witness.) What brand of Belgian chocolates
did you bring your understanding wife who let you disappear for the
week-end?

P.S. don't worry about converging lines.
P.P.S. Did you have krick?

Best regards,
Chris