Subject: Re: [Leica] SF20 flash and Ted Grant
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 13:37:04 -0500

At 06:10 AM 12/2/01 -0500, you wrote:
>hi Tina,
>how can you use the index card to reflex or bounce the light from SF20 ?
>I always love to have a flash that be able to bounce or somehow reflext the
>light to my subject.
>
>I have SF20 and love it specially for indoor.  I do'nt have notilux or
>sumilux.  most of my lens is f2 and f2.8 therefore SF20 is my solution for
>low light photograph.  by the way, my hand is shaking a lot.  i hate this.
>
>thank you
>Olivier

Hi, Olivier -

The index card trick is pretty easy.  Just bend the card in half and use
the rubber band to hold it on the flash and reflect the light wherever you
want it.  I usually put it under the flash to reflect the light up, but you
can position it on the sides or top, too.  It reflects just enough of the
flash to take away some of that "flash" look.  You can also get more
diffusion if you buy one of those Sto-Fen diffusers and tape it to the flash.

My hands shake at times, too.  Try to learn to be a human tripod and brace
yourself against whatever is near  -  and don't drink espresso :-)

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com
images available from http://www.pdiphotos.com