Subject: [Leica] introduce me + time-life photo lab
From: Marc McQuade <marc@seeingandwriting.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 13:58:05 +0100

hello everybody,

I have read and enjoyed the Leica Users Digest for about a year and a half
now and yet I have never introduced myself or posted a comment. so briefly,
here it goes...
my name is Marc McQuade and I studied architecture at berkeley and now live
in ny. Once I moved here I worked for a photographer as her darkroom printer
and as a general assistant on shoots. I have been enjoying photography more
and more... I feel priviliged to be able to take pictures and enjoy it
immensely. I shoot with both a leica (i'm afraid it is not a rangefinder
although I would love to have one/try one) and a hasselblad. I look forward
to being a more active part of the LUG.
I am just finishing a website where I will be able to post some of my images
and I look forward to all of your constructive critisism. I will post the
url soon.

on another note:
Rei Shinozuka wrote:

> i just found out that my lab, the time-life lab in rock center NYC
> is closing down its services to the public after 60 years.

I too use time life lab and was worried when I discovered that they are no
longer taking cash and that they are closing to the public. but I recently
applied for an account there and was accepted within one week. may I
recommend that you apply for an account. since I have gotten an account I
have actually received better service and feel like I am making more of a
long term connection with them. For an application you only need two
references (it could be somebody you know at B&H for example). I hope this
helps.
(p.s. rei- for a while now I have really enjoyed your photographs...  they
have definitely stood out... I look forward to seeing more)

thank you all for your patience with this long email.

best,

Marc McQuade