Subject: Re: [Leica] color processes
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 08:28:05 +0100

Gerd,

Do not count on bank fees being lower. From the banks' point of view there is
nothing special about 1 January 2002. All international transfers, all currency
trading and all other financial market transactions have been done exclusively
in Euro since 1 January 1999. The DM, FF etc. ceased to exist in an economic
sense at that date. The 100 DM bill in your pocket became effectively a 51.28
EUR bill. The local currencies were kept for another 3 years to accomodate the
logistics of the changeover of cash transactions and to allow ordinary people to
get used to the Euro.

Brenner does offer C.O.D. in Germany, and recently also here in Switzerland, and
I think in Austria as well. I am not sure about other countries, though (they
did not when I lived in Belgium until last year).

Nathan

Gerd Heuser wrote:

> You're right. Hopefully the bank fees will lower next year when the Euro
> will take place not only as common currency but also as common cash, thus
> all national currencies will disappear.
> But Brenner offers reimboursement (C.O.D.), too.
>
> Gerd

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland