Subject: Re: [Leica] Brief Study of a nicely textured old truck with Heliar / Summicron
From: Marc Attinasi <marc@attinasi.org>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 21:42:44 -0800

Mark Pope wrote:

> Dear Marc,
>
> nice shots.  I think the 50mm pic is the best of the three.  Not necessarily
> because it was shot with a Summicron, but because the focal length just
> suits the subject better.

I have to agree. I am a bit disappointed in my inability to find a really
creative way to shoot the scene with the 15mm - I tried to blame it on my lack
of sufficient caffeine, but really it is a talent issue. Fortunately, the truck
ain't going nowhere for a while so I can go back and try again, maybe something
inspired will make it onto the film next time.

It is interesting, I held off on the 50mm for a long time, thinking it was too
pedestrian. My normal lens has been the 35 lux for some time, and the 90 as my
second. I got the 50 cron in July and I love it so much that I seldom take it
off the camera. A really great lens, and an angle of view that I never really
appreciated before.

Thanks for the comments,
- - marc

Message from "Mark Pope" <mark.teampope@ntlworld.com> (Re: [Leica] Brief Study of a nicely textured old truck with Heliar / Summicron)