Subject: Re: [Leica] Loading 35mm 36 exposure film
From: "Bernard Degaute" <bernard.degaute@skynet.be>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 21:23:11 +0100

>Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 19:54:23 -0000
>From: "Jason Hall" <JASON@jbhall.freeserve.co.uk>
>Subject: Re: [Leica] Loading 35mm 36 exposure film
>
>Make sure your reels are clean and dry, I have no problems feeding
>35mm 36's or 120 onto Patterson or generic plastic reels, Ive never
>tried stainless reels.  I usually do bevel the ends of 35mm though and
>start it off in daylight.  One problem I do have is getting 120
>started on the reel, I have trouble finding the start of the channels
>with such a wide (relative to 35mm piece of film) , once started it
>seems easier than 35mm, because its so much shorter.

I mostly agree. I've only used Jobo without any adaptator. Loading 35 mm
(standard base or T Pan)  36 ex is a piece of cake IF the reels are
completly dry. A few drops of water work like glue. To solve this problem :
put the  reels and the film in water and loading is easy.Also you need to
cut the film between holes. Loading 4x5 is a bit harder and introduce 120 is
for me the more difficult .

Bernard
bernard.degaute@skynet.be