Subject: Re: [Leica] Odd email
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 18:48:57 -0800 (PST)

Rick Floyd wrote:

I don't know if this was a virus or not, but I just got an email from
William Butz <_williambutz@sierratel.com> that no content but had an
attachment named News_doc.doc.scr.

I didn't open it and when I sent an email back to him, it was returned
undeliverable.  Any ideas?

I had an email from that name, too, and I've had several others like it
recently from other names. In every case the subject was related to a
LUG thread and the contents was missing, although the size of the email
was 40K (pretty big). I suspect the attachment may have got lost,
possibly becasue of a virus detection program somewhere in the system.
I tried to reply, thinking it might be a serious email but my reply
bounced - no such user. In any event, you were wise not to open the
attachment. Almost certainly a virus!

Regards,

=====
Ray