Subject: [Leica] OT: loading 120 film
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2001 13:53:36 -0500

Pete wrote:

>Alternatively, without getting into a steel/plastic religous war, is
>reels with 120 any easier? I'm starting to think it can't be any worse.

I personally find that ss reels load 120 with much less fuss than
plastic. 120 is relatively fat but short so it's easier to gently wind
it out from the middle than shoving it in from the end. Wide and thin
base film like 120 really can't be pushed anywhere without crinkling.

Conversely, I always had a horrible time with metal reels with long but
narrow 36 exposure 35mm. I eventually gave up and went back to the
Paterson Super System 4 plastic reels for my 35mm film. They work very
well as long as they are dry when you load.

Simon Stevens

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] OT: loading 120 film)