Subject: [Leica] Canon and Leica for PJ's (was Which Photo magazines are good?)
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 14:26:49 -0700

An ex (and unnamed) Lugger was busy shooting the NEw Hampshire primaries and
the lead up to them, day after day on the campaign trail. Finally, his
already well worn Nikons bit the dust (okay - don't laugh guys...).

So, as he was close to home, he went back and switched to his remaining
backups - two well worn but beautiful M3's. Bear in mind he is a slightly
older and more road weary member of the press corps on the trail. He turns
up next day at the first press event of the day with the two M3's around his
neck. (and, I believe, a tweed jacket...) As they wait for the canditates to
do their dog and pony show, one well known (but I forget now exactly who)
young(er) very gung ho PJ just stands staring at him - neck dangling with
Nikons, flash battery packs, 300mm and 20mm lenses, cables etc. My friend
looks at him - what? The young buck just shakes his head and says "Man, you
a SO cool!"

Tim a

Message from Jim Hemenway <jim@hemenway.com> (Re: [Leica] Which Photo magazines are good?)
Message from "James Mason, Arctic Sounder" <sounder@otz.net> (Re: [Leica] Which Photo magazines are good?)