Subject: RE: [Leica] would it worth for an M3
From: leica@davidmorton.org
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 11:40:20 -0000

Matthew Tomich wrote:

"I found an old m3 in New Zealand - the viewfinder had blacked
out / seperated? - i bought it for $360 NZD about $150 USD.

i was going to use it with an external finder - but then got
a Camera Repairman in New Zealand to fit a M6 0.85 rangefinder
for 800 NZD (about 330 USD) - so I got a camera I'm happy
with for less than $500 USD.

only problem was I had to wait 5 months for the part to come
from Leica."

If only Leica would sell the .58 finder as a spare part so I can have a .58
Classic, but it won't.

(who is going to pout, stamp his foot, and generally behave like an angry
five-year-old until Leica relents and changes its policy on this)