Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: Photo Mgazines
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 20:19:02 -0700

> Hi all,
>   I was just mulling this over in my head the past few weeks and
> I find Zero
> great photo magazines. A couple ok, I like Lenswork for it's quaility but
> agree somewhat with the previous posters opinion. BlindSpot can have it's
> moments and I've found the best photo stories in here ( look for the back
> issue with the John Gotti snap shot) Aperture pricey and spotty
> in quality.

I'll say it again - I love DoubleTake as a mag... I know some of you will
find it too "artsy" and many Luggers will start to come out in hives because
of the poetry in it, but I find at least a couple of the photo articles make
an impression on me each issue (a good preview of Gene Smiths Pittsburgh
photos was in there way before the book finally made it to the shelves...
it's also had Smiths Apartment/jazz pix in it). + the short stories and
written documentary is often pretty cool too. There's not many mags - photo
or otherwise - that I read every issue, but this is one!

Tim A