Subject: Re: [Leica] R4
From: P2CON@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 17:26:36 EST

Mike, it sounds like it is all there.  Just stick the film leader into one of
the slots in the white bushing and trust the teeth to grab the film leader
and drag it along. Like on all cameras, check to see that the re-wind knob is
turning when you advance the first few frames.  Enjoy your new toy, and
regards.
Paul Connet

Mike writes:
<< Could someone tell me what the take-up spool should look like on an R4?
 I just acquired one and can't seem to figure out how to load it. The
 spool looks like a smooth black cylinder with a flat spot on it. Around
 the bottom half there is a white plastic "bushing" with a thumb wheel at
 the bottom . It has teeth to engage the film. There is nothing at the
 top of the spool to secure the film. Is something missing here or am I
 just exceedingly dense?  Thanks in advance. Mike Riska >>