Subject: [Leica] re: m6 for soccer
From: Kyle Cassidy <KCassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 16:59:43 -0500

>OK, maybe offtopic. How long does it take to learn to use the EOS
>cameras? I'll be doing more football stuff in Feb, reckon you could get
>as comfortable with an EOS as an M6 by then?

you're going about this all wrong, you can focus your M6 far far faster
than any electronic wizmo can. try this experiment:

	spin the shutter speed and aperture and focus dials on your M6,
	then pick it up and point it at a random object. focus, and set
	the exposure and shoot.

	now try the same thing with an EOS set in autowizbang.

if you're like me, you can focus and adjust the M6 about 2.5 times as
fast as the EOS. your first few times, you'll probably just be slightly
ahead of the eos. however, try this with moving subjects (like running
kids or someone hitting tennis balls at you) and you clearly leave the
autowizbang cameras in the dust.

that said, you should probably be able to use the EOS out of the box to
photograph sports. don't even read the manual. just select the "sports"
program and don't worry about anything else but the decisive moment.

kc