Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: DR-SUMMICRON - with strange aperture scale
From: Eric Calderwood <eric.calderwood@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 14:23:49 +0000

Seth ,

You are absolutely correct , had a minor panic here initially , I was
looking at the number on the focussing mount upside down ( or for our
Australian LUGgers downside up ) and without a magnifying glass handy
thought they were completely different !!!! However on checking the correct
way around (looking from the outside in ) then the lens numbers are indeed a
perfect match.

Thanks for all of the interesting info.

BTW the 51.9 N on the actual lens head appear to be scratched on to the side
of the actual black internal lens tube , which holds the lens elements.

Best Regards
Eric

(Liverpool U.K.)