Subject: [Leica] keeping new lenses
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 07:29:31 -0500

I picked up on Rei's comment that he was ambivalent abut keeping the 75 Lux.
Rei is so good at using the power of the Noctilux and minimizing it's
deficiencies that using a different lens can be hard(sorry to use you, Rei,
as an example).  My point is that the lenses in the Leica stable are very
powerful tools but distinctive in what they do:  techniques that look good
with one lens may not work with the new lens.  Here I am talking about
extremes, obviously the much photographed brick wall will always look good
in leica-land.

So, the point, work with a new lens to figure out for yourself what new
options it opens up for you, it isn't just like your other lenses only
longer/shorter/faster/slower.  Getting back to the 75Lux, I find that it is
better further into the field with less vignetting than the Noct, my center
of interest can be not centered, and I can utilize near/far relationships
with a steeper fall off in focus than even a Noct.

2 lira

Don Dory
dorysrus@mindspring.com