Subject: [Leica] Re: Piezo Plunge
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 06:06:26 -0600

John:

>thanks, B.D, I'm pretty convinced. Only problem now is to find one in stock-
>both B an H and CameraWorld are out of stock. I'll keep trying.

You might try Samy's...  www.samys.com.

I've never ordered from them before, but they said they did have a couple in
stock and they'd ship it to me yesterday when I called.

It'll be a while before I do any business with Cameraworld again.  I ordered
a scanner on Friday at about 6:15a their time.  The salesman told me they
had one left in stock and it was mine.  It would ship out that same day.
They'd send me an email with the tracking number.  It would arrive on
Tuesday (today).

Since I hadn't gotten an email by yesterday morning, I called.  The customer
service lady I talked with said they didn't have any in stock.  I asked if
they'd be upgrading my shipping automatically at no cost to next day since
they had told me they would ship it to me last Friday.  "*I* didn't promise
you any such thing" was her response."  She went on to say that she wasn't
authorized to do anything but to tell me I had to wait and that her manager
wasn't at work.  I decided to cancel the order.  I was mad that they
promised to ship on Friday...and then never contacted me to tell me that the
item was backordered.  I can undertstand making a mistake...but why didn't
they tell me they were mistaken??

On Samy's web site, they list the scanner for $700.  Shipping was an extra
$20 over what Cameraworld was going to charge.  $35 for 2nd day vs. $15.  In
the end, I'm at $735 instead of $765, though.  And hopefully will have a
scanner tomorrow.  :)  The guy at Samy's told me there was a rebate and
volunteered to include the rebate in the package.  I thought that was nice.

Eric

Message from John Kraus <johnkraus@sbcglobal.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Piezo Plunge)