Subject: [Leica] RE: 135 Telesar f3.5
From: "Gumm, Jim" <Jim.Gumm@okdhs.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 12:27:14 -0600

Marc, let me know what you hear for I have one of these also. It's chrome,
in clean shape and looks like it'd be easy to take apart and clean. I also
have a Bausch & Lomb 3" f2 Anastigmat. Its a small uncoated 4 element lens
that is nice and contrasty in good light and it was easy to clean also as it
didn't even need a spanner to take apart. Trouble though is its as heavy as
my 90 f2 Summicron! I need a small light-weight 90 for hiking. Although my
15 CV lens is great, I'd rather have Leica glass than off-brand stuff. Yet,
the 90 CV 3.5 Apo-Lanthar is about the size and length I need!
The Noctilux has been an amazing lens. I photographed some Pontiac cars at a
dealership at night that were beautiful. The person who received the photos
were amazed such a thing could be done without strobes. People who talk
about the lens vignetting, probably just aren't the one's who are out using
it. The vignetting rarely is a problem and hardly ever noticed in normal
photography. No one has complained so far. It is truly the most amazinfg
lens that I have ver used.
Jimbo

Replies: Reply from Marc Attinasi <marc@attinasi.org> (Re: [Leica] RE: 135 Telesar f3.5)