Subject: Re: [Leica] noctilux halloween images
From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@ubspainewebber.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 06:44:06 -0500 (EST)

i also couldn't find diluted xtol times for delta 3200 anywhere, so
i did a little experimenting.

for Xtol (1+3) made with and diluted by distilled water, no prewet,
observing the 100 ml stock Xtol per roll rule, 30 second initial
agitation, 10 inversions per two minutes,

my times for Delta 3200 at 1600 (the speed i normally shoot D3200):

delta 3200 @ e.i. 1600: 22 min @ 68F

at 6400, i've only shot once, and the negs were a bit thinner than
i'd like:

delta 3200 @ e.i. 6400: 30.5 min @ 68F, will try 34 min next year

hope these are useful at least as starting points.  note that to
uphold the "100 ml stock Xtol per roll rule" you typically need
to use develop rolls of film in a tank physically capable of holding
about twice as many reels.  e.g., one roll in a 16 oz tank,
two rolls in a 32 oz tank, etc.

although i cannot attest to absolute adherence to this criteria, my
targets for exposure and development are
Zone I    = 0.10 above film base + fog and
Zone VIII = 1.25 > FB+F.

- -rei

> From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
>
> Rei,
>
> I enjoyed your Halloween photos *and* your audacity: shooting Delta 3200
> rated at 6400 with the Noctilux at 1.0! That has got the be the world photo
> speed record, on Halloween at least.
>
> A technical question: what time/temp did you give the film when you souped
> it? Have you ever used the Delta/Xtol combo with the film rated at 3200? If
> so, what were your time/temp there?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Guy
>

> >the banter on the LUG regarding the full moon this halloween
> >inspired me to try some available light trick-or-treat images.
> >the moon might have been full, but it was behind a lot of cloud
> >cover, at least here in northern NJ.  so it was available
> >porchlights and streetlights.
> >
> >anyway, here's an M6, Noctilux, Delta 3200 exposed at 6400
> >and processed in Xtol (1+3), and a couple of trick-or-treating
> >kids:
> >
> >http://www.shinozuka-family.com/20011031halloween/
> >
> >-rei
> >--

   Rei Shinozuka  shino@ubspainewebber.com 212-713-6256 FAX: 212-713-1482
   UBS Warburg  Fixed Income  Quantitative  Research,   UBS  Warburg  LLC
   1285 Avenue of the Americas,    11th Floor,   New York,  NY 10019-6028