Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 47 -- three little girls and lots of bokeh
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 09:26:25 +0100

My father was visiting us last week. He lives alone in Copenhagen, and
getting together with us and especially our two children is always a
major source of joy for him. I snapped this picture of my daughter and
him on a tram in Zurich. Normally I do not like pictures where there is
an out-of-focus face in the foreground, but I like this one somehow:

http://www.wajsman.com/47.jpg

The two alternates were taken on Langstrasse, the most colorful part of
Zurich. It is an immigrant neighborhood, and we go there to buy Asian or
Carribean groceries when we need them. There is also a large outdoor
market on Saturdays, lots of ethnic restaurants, and on the end of the
street closest to the main train station, lots of sex shops, sleezy
bars, and prostitutes on the street. In short, a microcosm of any big
European city...

This little girl is obviously part of the family that owns the Indian
grocery store, and I snapped the shot while waiting at the checkout
counter. I wish I could show more detail of the store, especially the
turban-wearing butcher with an enormous knife in the background, but I
was already shooting wide open at 1/15:

http://www.wajsman.com/47alt1.jpg

The second alternate was taken outside a vegetable shop. Two Russian
women and the girl pictured were buying cabbages--lots of cabbages!
Cabbages are a staple of the Russian diet, and they were obviously
buying for some major event:

http://www.wajsman.com/47alt2.jpg

All pictures taken on Delta 100 souped in XTOL 1+3, the main pic with
the 50mm Summilux and the two alternates with the 35mm Summilux.

The complete PAW index is at:

http://www.wajsman.com/indexpaw.htm

and comments and criticism are welcome and appreciated as always.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland