Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: If only one more R lens,
From: "W Larsen" <wlarsen@almondmedia.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 19:02:49 -0800

Seth LaK9 writes:

> How about remembering that our friend has started with an
R-3 and 50
> Summicron-R. Yes, add a 90 (2,8?) and maybe the 25/4
Voigtlander/Cosina. But
> why not suggest a second R-body, say an R-6.2 or R-7? The
R-3 is a budget
> Japanese Leica one can buy mint/mint for $325.-375. Then
$4,000. for a set of
> lenses for that single body? Hmmm.

Because the body is nothing but a film holder that holds the
film at the proper registration and  hopefully has a
reliable shutter.  The system is what you are buying into.
The lenses and accessories are the important part of the
system. Bodies come and go...but the lenses is what gives
the Leica system its identity.

We are blessed with a system that  shares commonalities
between reflex lenses and rangefinder lenses in terms of
rendition.

I am not going to expound upon your problem with the
Japanese nor with fitting a 25/4 VC to a R body.

Regards, Will Larsen