Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW 45 & 46 MEB
From: MEBerube <photog@pivot.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 23:00:03 -0500

At 01:46 PM 11/25/01 -0800, "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> wrote:
>I have struggled with shots just like week 45.  How to show boredom without
>being boring?  I think that if you could have backed off more or used a much
>wider lens the feeling of no action could have been expressed more
>effectively.

Good point and quite likely you are correct. Thanks for the comments Don.

>Week 46 is great.  Perfect feel for going in to the woods in the fall.  The
>shadow looks like you are carrying a dbl shotgun.  Are the woods so thick
>that a shotgun is more effective than a rifle?  Or is civilization so
>present that you need a shotgun?

Actually that is the shadow of an 1873 Winchester .44-40 rifle that has
been in the family for nearly 100 years. It still is deadly accurate (if I
ever get the opportunity to take a shot again in my lifetime!) so I still
use it.

And no, where I live there is little to no "civilisation." :) I like it
that way actually even though it makes 'street photography' much less
exciting. I prefer to have the option to drive to the action or not as I
like. Yes, I do miss Chinese (or any) Take Out availability after 8 pm, but
life in paradise demands some sacrifices. Boston is only 2.5 hours south
and NYC only a 6 hour's drive if I'm really dying for metro life.

Only the very few towns in Maine near the "cities" have shotgun or bow only
laws. (The only "cities" in Maine are: Portland, Bangor, Lewiston-Auburn,
Saco-Biddeford....that's it...and in most any other state they'd be
considered medium sized towns...Portland is our most populous with about
75-80k people.)

Carpe Luminem,
Michael